Translate

torsdag 12 juni 2014

PLASTIKMAN


When we are into classic and legendary producer, a brand new album from RICHIE HAWTIN a.k.a. PLASTIKMAN is available now at the worlds digital stores. 

Richard "Richie" Hawtin is a English-born Canadian electronic musician and DJ who was an influential part of Detroit techno's second wave of artists in the early 1990s and a leading exponent of minimal techno since the mid-1990s. 

He is best known for his work under the alias Plastikman and for his ENTER. events in Ibiza and around the world. Hawtin is known for DJing techno sets making use of laptop computers and digital mixing equipment. 

In May 1990 Hawtin and fellow second-waver John Acquaviva founded the Plus 8 record label, which they named after their turntable's pitch adjust function. In 1998, Hawtin launched M_nus Records. In summer 2012 Hawtin first presented ENTER., his experiential event at Space in Ibiza. 

Pressrelease: 

Plastikman, aka @RichieHawtin, recorded EX at the Guggenheim, New York’s iconic art museum. This very special performance was at the invitation of influential Belgium fashion designer and artistic director at Dior, Raf Simons, for the Guggenheim’s annual fundraiser, performed around a specially constructed LED obelisk. 

Richie Hawtin explains, “I knew that Raf was a long time Plastikman fan so by accepting his offer to perform at the Dior event at the Guggenheim I knew I’d set myself up to a huge challenge. Although Raf was happy to have the already complete Plastikman Live 1.5 show, I locked myself away in a series of intense studio sessions and quickly recorded enough new material for the performance and realized I might also have enough for a complete new album. The music came out of me effortlessly as I was very inspired by the opportunity to play in this beautiful architectural space renowned more for art than music. The location also allowed me to step far away from the dancefloor, giving me a huge amount of freedom to EXplore any sonic ideas that I had. Art, music, architecture, painting, sculpture – these mediums are supposed to live together.” 

The album "EX" is available now @ BEATPORT 

Richie Hawtin a.k.a. Plastikman @ FACEBOOK 

You can listen to the full album on Youtube and Vimeo, go HERE for Youtube and HERE for Vimeo. 

FULL SUPPORT FROM MUZIK MAG SWEDEN
   
THE THORPE

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar